Pages

Sunday 24 October 2010

Making Friends

My friend at work asked me to make her a model of herself.


Her only specification was that the clay version of her should have sticky out ears. 


It's nice to make somebody you know as you can add the little things you know about them.  I gave her the designer pink flip-flops she often wears, and a motorcycle helmet as she's a biker.


I also added a little imitation moonstone necklace, as she wears one all the time. 

Lastly, in its own little box, I also made a carrot cake as her homemade carrot cake is bloody fantastic...


I do enjoy making things purely for friends or for pleasure.  This particular effort gave me a bit of grief, I dropped it twice and the leg fell off once whilst it was drying.  Jinxed perhaps?  It was all fixed and relatively sturdy by the time she got it though, I just hope it survived the motorbike journey home!

:)

 
 PS - like the new banner?  Courtesy of the very clever Bonnita Graphics.

1 comment: