Pages

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Wonky

Give me some fabric and a sewing machine and I will fuss about straight lines until the cows come home.  Give me paint and a paintbrush and I will agonise over each element being painted until I am satisfied not a smidgen is out of place.


But give me a lump of a clay and I don't really think about it.  Straight lines don't matter, little bumps and corners, the bits that create themselves, always seem to add to the overall effect I want. 


It's one of the many reasons I find making things with clay so soothing, it's stress free.



And everything always turn out really well in the end.  Well, almost everything.  Just occasionally there is a small...error...


:)

It doesn't mean I love him any less of course and he is still available, in all his wonky glory, in my shop at a bargain "wonky" price.  I think because of his extra added quirkiness I will miss him all the more when he goes off to a new home, after all we all have our physical/emotional wonky bits don't we?  Who am I to judge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment